from there I spray painted the large areas of color. there are more photos of this process in the projects photo album (there is a link at the bottom of this post) when I finished the bulk painting, I peeled away the painters tape.
time to tackle the hand painted details. I used a few different colors of Testors paints to fill in the details, and then put down a couple of layers of Rustoleum indoor/outdoor clear spray paint (which still seems strange to me, clear paint) , and this is how it turned out
and at the reveal, Melanie was happy with it
I have penciled in turtle ball #2, and will post his final portrait when it is complete.
for more photos of the painting process on this one, check out the photo album, here: